Well, we made it to Denver. And that was no easy feat. Somehow we managed to pack up the house, clean the house, load a 21 foot diesel trailer, finish all the details, see my doctor, the kids doctor, spend time saying goodbye, get to Utah, do the holidays, get sick at the holidays, and finally we have landed all 4 family members in the same place at the same time. Whew! What a marathon the last couple of months have been. Really. We NEVER would have made it without the help of our families and friends, that is for sure, so thank you to all of you out there.
We are so glad to be together in Denver at Nana and Papa's house, but as they have not yet arrived back from the holidays (they are so kind to be driving out the mini-van from Baltimore for us) the kids are going crazy without them. They can't figure out why they aren't magically here. And Jake would like to know why mini-vans can't just get on the airplane. Wouldn't that be awesome? So here we are in Denver. I think once we are settled we will really like it, but until then we definitely have to get used to some things. I am sleeping with a serious humidifier so that I can breathe (Bart prefers the nasal strips, no I am not kidding). Our skin is shriveling as we speak and the kids HATE it when I lather them up as we change clothes each morning and after each tub. Jacob and Anna both have sore spots on their faces from the cold wind burn. And after only 5 days I had my first nosebleed. Did I mention I can't breathe here? And the hair, don't get me started on frizzy hair. I remember it took awhile to get used to the humidity and I never thought I would wish it back into my life, but alas, I am wishing it back into my life.
Jacob also notices every single Broncos sign or item everywhere we go. In Baltimore this was an exciting treat--to see something for the Broncos--but here it is pasted everywhere and borders on insanity! Yes, Jacob, I see the Broncos jacket, jersey, car sticker, flag, and hat over there. At least we don't have to get used to the crazy fans seeing as how my husband and his whole family belong to that group, as does Jacob.
Anyway, it is nice to be together and in Denver with some of the work behind us. We did get to meet a bunch of people in our ward when they showed up on the coldest Saturday morning of the year at 8:00 a.m. to unload the aforementioned 21 foot diesel trailer. We hadn't even been to church yet. We were so grateful and pleasantly surprised---it only took the 10 guys an hour to get it done. I think we're gonna like it here. Just one small thing left to do....find a house! Hopefully that will be easier than selling the one in Baltimore has been! We shall keep everyone posted. And yes, there will be a great, fantastic Christmas post complete with pictures in pajamas, so keep checking back!
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Why we joined this bloggy-blog world!
We hope that we can keep in better contact with our friends and family, both near and far. Besides, it is easier to see pictures this way instead of emailing them! And did we mention we think our family is pretty cute, especially those kids of ours! Check back often and keep in touch!
About Me
- Mindy Williams
- I am a proud 32 year old woman (you know they say 30 is the new 20!) I am married to Bart, the love of my life, and we have three amazing kids, Jacob, 6 1/2, Anna,3 1/2, and Rachel 9 mos. We met in college in Utah and lived there for the first 6 years of our marriage. Then we followed Bart's career and moved out to the East Coast. We decided to follow it back to the west about a year ago and are adjusting to life in a new place. We are sure thankful for all that we have and hope to stay in better touch with friends and family alike with our blog!
4 comments:
I'm glad you guys made it to Denver safely. What an exciting new adventure you're starting. We're still chugging along in old Maryland but we'll supposedly be packing up sometime in 2008.
Hope this New Year brings you lots of joy!
We miss you guys!! But we are glad you are all together again. Congratulations on tying up the loose ends on you house here and good luck finding the detached house of my dreams with a yard and a garage. oh, I'm so envious.
Love you guys!
Hey guys! So glad you made it there okay and are settling in! Hope the house hunt is going well. Love and miss you!
I love the stories of the dry climate...we had such a hard time breathing over Christmas! We had to get a humidifier! What wimps! We miss you SOOOOOO much! Say hi to the mountains for us!
Post a Comment