Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Crazy Few Months!

We went last Saturday to the Parker Country Festival. We had no idea it was such a big deal--way more stuff than we anticipated. It was SUPER hot and so we spent some time on the rides and then headed home for drinks and air conditioning! Anna was so proud to be able to go on the rides by herself. Just look at her smile!

I took this picture (above) to mark that Rachel had turned 2 months old. Obviously I am at least a month behind in photos. Anna couldn't stay away, so here is a cute one of the two cutest sisters we know! Since then, Rachel has started smiling, laughing and chewing on her hands all the time. We love watching her grow.
Nana and Papa were so good to us, they took Jacob and Anna to the school fair for a night. Bart, Rachel, and I got to go out for the evening, which was a great break for us all. Among all the food, they got to ride a pony, get their faces painted (anna decided against it), ride a train, and dunk a few of the teachers. At the end of the night, they were all exhausted, but Jacob's Tiger face was too cute to pass up the photo op. They slept so well that night! Thanks Nana and Papa!
Here is a "pre-blessing" picture. I got Rachel all dressed and put a bib on her so she wouldn't spit up on the dress. It was such a great day and Bart did a wonderful job with the blessing. We were so glad to have Grandma, Grandpa, Nana, Papa, Sissy, and our friends, the Larsens there for our special day. And to our surprise, we were EARLY for church and got to sit in the nice seats! Wow!Nana and Papa with Rachel. Look at her cute eyes!



Thanks to Stephanie, we have some great family pictures before the nice clothes were exchanged for play clothes! We have a great family! I love them all!
I think Rachel is the most blonde and has the most hair of any of the kids. What a special day and I love our pictures on our new front porch. Look at my model, Anna, too. Oh, how they crack me up! So, there is a short update on us, hope to try and be more regular now. We'll see how that goes!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

You braved the Parker Festival?!?!? Good for you! We would love to get together. I'm glad the pictures turned out so well. What a beautiful family

Eric and Hilary said...

finally an update! it sounds like you guys are doing really good! we miss you guys! love you!

Jodi said...

So good to see you guys again! That Rachel is growing so fast and is just as cute at the other two.

LOVE your front door!!! Let's see some more now :)

Jenny said...

Well it's about time you got back to the blog world! I was beginning to wonder if Colorado had fallen off the earth or something. Your kids get cuter and cuter everyday!!! Next time you venture to SLC give me a call.

Whitney said...

You guys are all so cute! Where did you get Rachel's cute blessing dress?! I need to find one!

Unknown said...

Yea! I am so happy to see cute little Rachel. We would love to hang out with you guys! This time we are flying into Colorado Springs, but we want to come up and hang out for a day or whatever...I will give you a call as it gets closer. We'll be there from July 22-Aug 14. Cute family! I think Anna looks so cute in that last pic!

The Preece Family said...

Hey there! So fun to see your updates and check in on how you're doing! Little Rachel is just beautiful! I didn't know you had her yet...guess that is what happens when you move from Baltimore and all my Williams' updates from the Cherrys are no more. Thank goodness for blogs huh? :) You look great though! Let us know when you're in SLC during the next year - we'd love to get together! We're literally just right up the street from your parents!! :)

Why we joined this bloggy-blog world!

We hope that we can keep in better contact with our friends and family, both near and far. Besides, it is easier to see pictures this way instead of emailing them! And did we mention we think our family is pretty cute, especially those kids of ours! Check back often and keep in touch!

About Me

I am a proud 32 year old woman (you know they say 30 is the new 20!) I am married to Bart, the love of my life, and we have three amazing kids, Jacob, 6 1/2, Anna,3 1/2, and Rachel 9 mos. We met in college in Utah and lived there for the first 6 years of our marriage. Then we followed Bart's career and moved out to the East Coast. We decided to follow it back to the west about a year ago and are adjusting to life in a new place. We are sure thankful for all that we have and hope to stay in better touch with friends and family alike with our blog!