We were so lucky to go to Flaming Gorge with the Nelson Family at the end of June. Not everyone could make it, but most of us did. It was so fun. It is like Lake Powell up in the mountains. It was absolutely beautiful. We spent most of our time on the boat, but did some sightseeing, walking in the mountains, played games, and most of all, enjoyed being together. Every time I am with my family I am reminded why I love them so much. Good thing we live closer and can see them more often now. A few highlights of the trip:
Bart and Anna on the "death tube"
She would still be on that thing if we hadn't pried her off of it.

Captain Jake

Kids in the tube

Tubing is even better with your cousins!
Jacob and Isaak

Cousin Jack with Anna

My nirvana: anywhere this boat is!

My sister, Karin, and the bug, Everett take a swim

My sister, Wendy, and her family: Todd, Tillie, Isaak, Jonah, and baby Henry
I thought getting 3 kids to smile was hard and here she proves that 4 can do it!

My cute Mom

Rachel just kills me in this picture. She screams, I am so cool, doesn't she?

3/4 of the loves of my life
(Jake is with cousins somewhere)

I was so proud to get up skiing at my old age on my first try! WAHOO!
Really, there is NOTHING better than this.

See how happy I was after I skiied? Hope my girls will love it too.

Did I mention how freaking cold the water was? My brother, Jeff, can tell you!

The sunset after the ski

Taking the kids to the overlook of Red Canyon, a part of Flaming Gorge. So beautiful!
Bart had our camera on a tripod hanging from a tree here. I was beyond irritated cause it was so hot, but look what we have to show for it. Way to go, honey!

So, the only question is, when can we go again?
8 comments:
Looks like so much fun! Again... where was my invitation?! I guess it got lost in the mail or something!!!!
VERY FUN! Love the updated pictures. Can't believe John and Linda are DRIVING out here. It's just hilarious to be for some reason. :)
How fun! The views are beautiful and I'm glad you guys had some family time. Cousin time is priceless!
Yeah for hot mammas who can still water ski! Man, I'd be terrified to blow out a knee now. I can't believe how big Jacob is!!! Geez I remember when we were discussing his potty training!
Love that you got up on the ski! I don't think any boat could drag my fat %*# butt out of the water right now ;)
It looks like such a great trip and your kids look so big! You have such a great family.
Seriously? I am drooling from jealousy! Looks like a stinken blast!
Flaming Gorge is on our "Places to go" and your pictures confirm that we should keep it. Looks like you had a blast.
What a ball! Nice work on that ski form of yours! All those years of hard work paid off! And, I love Rachel. When can I meet her? :)
Post a Comment