Friday, September 5, 2008

House Decorating 101

Well, we are finally getting moved in and cleaned up and now I have the pictures to prove that at one point in time, my house was all clean! My parents and my sister, Karin, her husband, Sean, and cute little Everett took a jaunt through beautiful Wyoming to get to our house last month. They were amazing enough not only to drive, but to pull a trailer with a new dining room table for us. It is my grandparents old table and is still in great condition. I have NEVER had a nice table and never had a dining room to put it in either! It was so fun to move things around and to decorate a bit. Karin, Sean, John and Linda were such troopers to help me decide and to give opinions and sweet Bart climbed a ladder a few times and hung a few things too. It made our house feel so much more like a home in one short weekend. We did some other fun things too, but my Dad took all those pictures. All in all, we were so glad that they came to visit. We had fun at the pool, the butterfly pavilion, shopping, celebrating Grandpa's birthday and of course, decorating the house. I have a long way to go, but thanks to their help, it is at least a start! So, here are some pictures of the house!
Jacob's room with the new cute, on-sale curtains! This is me standing in the dining room doorway looking into the kitchen and then into the family room on the other side of the sink.
Now I am standing in the family room looking back at that doorway (into the dining room). The step in the picture leads to the living room and the front door.
This is the little decorator box above the fireplace in the family room (back by the kitchen). I have redecorated it a million times, so this is it for now until I acquire something better for the space.
Now you can see the whole fireplace. I love this one, but really miss the real wood burning one we had in Maryland. My sister-in-law, Beth, got me hooked on real fires!
Here I am standing in the entry way looking into our living room. To the left are the stairs. To the right is the dining room. This area was the masterpiece my family helped me to create. I have a thing for turquoise blue right now, so I adore this piece from my favorite store, Home Goods. Imagine how excited I was to learn they have them in Colorado AND are building one about 3 miles from my house. Wahoo!

Standing at the edge of that step in the living room looking into dining room with my new table and curtains and the picture that my adorable love hung for me! One room is finished!
This was the other masterpiece my family helped me with. I had started it, but they helped me add a couple of other things. Bart stood on the ladder listening to WAY too many opinions before we got it just right. This area is right above the coat closet and to the left of the stairs.
And here are the stairs....2 bedrooms to the right, bathroom at the top of them and 2 bedrooms to the left.
Standing at the top of the stairs looking down into the living room.

There aren't pictures of the girls' room as we are waiting to get the curtains hung (hopefully this weekend!) and I haven't even started thinking about our room. Well, I think about it but you know how projects are.....and thus concludes the Williams Family Home Tour for now! So, for those of you bugging me about pictures, enjoy these while you can!

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Aahhh! Everything looks so great! Way to go on getting everything pulled together, plus showing all of us stalkers out there. Miss you guys!

Stephanie said...

So beautiful and so clean. Even my Olivia would be impressed by the organization! You're awesome. I love the new curtains in Jacob's room!

Unknown said...

It looks so good! I loved seeing your beautiful home, and we got your sweet card in the mail the other day! Thank you! Next time hopefully Chris can be there and we can all hang out!

Eric and Hilary said...

MINDY! your house is beautiful! i am SO jealous! lol it's so big and cool. I am so excited for you guys to have it! oh and i love the turquoise blue too, especially with chocolate brown. LOVE you and MISS you! xoxo

JenErik said...

Good job MIND! It all looks great. There is something so fun about figuring out a new space. I hope you are hanging in there.

Jenny said...

Love it! I love decorating but suck at it so it's nice to see you have better skills than I (and you have more support from the family). Keep the posts and pictures coming please - I want to steal ideas from your girls' rooms.

Jared and Jesse said...

I love it! I'm so excited to try it myself!

Whitney said...

Love it!! You've done a great job. Wanna come help me?!

Why we joined this bloggy-blog world!

We hope that we can keep in better contact with our friends and family, both near and far. Besides, it is easier to see pictures this way instead of emailing them! And did we mention we think our family is pretty cute, especially those kids of ours! Check back often and keep in touch!

About Me

I am a proud 32 year old woman (you know they say 30 is the new 20!) I am married to Bart, the love of my life, and we have three amazing kids, Jacob, 6 1/2, Anna,3 1/2, and Rachel 9 mos. We met in college in Utah and lived there for the first 6 years of our marriage. Then we followed Bart's career and moved out to the East Coast. We decided to follow it back to the west about a year ago and are adjusting to life in a new place. We are sure thankful for all that we have and hope to stay in better touch with friends and family alike with our blog!