Saturday, March 28, 2009

Rachel Elizabeth turns 1!

I don't know how it happened SO FAST! My sweet baby girl turned 1 on March 7th. I found the letter I wrote her after she was born and all the same things are still true. She is still the most mellow child and happy child I have ever met. She still brings me joy that is indescribeable. She is still the child I knew was supposed to be a part of our family. This last year has really just strengthened all that I knew of her and loved when she was born. Rachel is such a great kid. I can't believe she isn't really a baby anymore. And if she has her way, she'll be an official toddler before we know it. We had a great birthday for her, mostly thanks to my sister-in-law, Sarah. She had come to stay to help me during my 2nd week after surgery and Rachel's birthday was the day she was flying out. Sarah made her cake for me, cleaned the house, and got everything ready for the party. I was out of commission with my arm and the worst cold ever as evidenced on my face in the family picture. Bart was working like a mad man and we had a funeral we had to go to in order to support a close friend. It was a crazy day and Sarah held down the fort all while taking care of her sweet little girl too. Sarah was a definite heaven send and hopefully it helped her prep for the upcoming birthday of her first little girl too!

As for Rachel and her stats: It all boils down to this, she is a string bean. The cutest one we've ever seen for sure. She weighs in at 18 1/2 pounds (10th percentile) and I can't remember the exact inches, but she is 75th percentile for height. 80th percentile for head. We are trying to fatten her up to turn her around in the car seat!

Rachel is crawling, spitting out new words, loves to eat anything and is just the best baby ever! We sure do love you, Rachel!
And alas, the pictures:
The family picture with the cake
Papa Williams, Rachel, and Nana Williams
Sarah's masterpiece:
Rachel's butterfly cake

Rachel, the best eater in the world, double fisting the cake and ice-cream!
You go, girl!

Rachel smiling after filling her tummy with the cake!


Rachel opening gifts...her laugh is awesome!
(me and sexy sling in background)


Rachel and cousin, Kate, playing with the new phone!
Thanks, Nana and Papa!

Just chillin--she always has her foot up on something.

I just love this one of her face.

Seriously, she is so sweet. Love you!

Happy 1st Birthday, Rachel!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute!!! I am so glad someone was there to help you out...a cold, a sling, a funeral? How's a girl to keep up??? That cake was amazing and Rachel is just absolutely darling! It made me miss you guys a lot! Happy Birthday to you, Rachel! I hope you and your armpit feel better soon.

Jenny said...

She sure is cute! A good combo between you and Bart for sure. Man your kids look so much alike!

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday sweet little Rachel! What a cutie pie you are. We are so excited to see you next week :)

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday Rachel. She is so very beautiful. It looks like a great party. I hope you are feeling a little better. How is your armpit?

JenErik said...

She is beautiful. Her looked has changed to me. So grown up. Glad you had a fabulous party and a perfect butterfly cake. Now I'm just waiting for pictures of Annie's party :)

Todd said...

Cute pictures.
The last photo of Rachel looks like Jack!
Funny how you you can see similarities in all of the cousins.

Why we joined this bloggy-blog world!

We hope that we can keep in better contact with our friends and family, both near and far. Besides, it is easier to see pictures this way instead of emailing them! And did we mention we think our family is pretty cute, especially those kids of ours! Check back often and keep in touch!

About Me

I am a proud 32 year old woman (you know they say 30 is the new 20!) I am married to Bart, the love of my life, and we have three amazing kids, Jacob, 6 1/2, Anna,3 1/2, and Rachel 9 mos. We met in college in Utah and lived there for the first 6 years of our marriage. Then we followed Bart's career and moved out to the East Coast. We decided to follow it back to the west about a year ago and are adjusting to life in a new place. We are sure thankful for all that we have and hope to stay in better touch with friends and family alike with our blog!