Wednesday, January 21, 2009
The 44th President
Wow, how cool was it to watch the inauguration? I must admit that at first I wasn't planning on it and then I figured I should watch just a minute or two and then I was totally into it. It was amazing and fascinating all at once. I laughed and cried and was just so proud to be an American. I was also moved to tears as I watched him take the oath. He was so nervous to be saying the words or just caught up as the guy said like 9 lines before he breathed, but it was more fun for me to watch Michelle Obama holding Lincoln's Bible and watching her husband. I loved how they looked at each other. I loved that one of the girls said, Good speech Daddy, as he sat down. It was just so cool. Most of all, it was just like they kept saying, an example to the world of a peaceful transition of power. We are so lucky to be able to watch that in our lifetime at all and then of course in these times, with all there is going on around us to have such an historic president. It really is amazing. I do remember the last inauguration as my Dad was able to be there with his company. That meant that I should drive to D.C. to see my parents too. We spent the night in an amazing hotel and watched things going on outside (we didn't go to the inauguration of course) and I was pregnant with Anna. Crazy to think that since the last inauguration I have had 2 girls come into my life. Is it just me that always does that...measures where you were at the last time something significant happened? I am a total nerd. I said it for you all. Anyway, what a great country we have! GO USA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Why we joined this bloggy-blog world!
We hope that we can keep in better contact with our friends and family, both near and far. Besides, it is easier to see pictures this way instead of emailing them! And did we mention we think our family is pretty cute, especially those kids of ours! Check back often and keep in touch!
About Me
- Mindy Williams
- I am a proud 32 year old woman (you know they say 30 is the new 20!) I am married to Bart, the love of my life, and we have three amazing kids, Jacob, 6 1/2, Anna,3 1/2, and Rachel 9 mos. We met in college in Utah and lived there for the first 6 years of our marriage. Then we followed Bart's career and moved out to the East Coast. We decided to follow it back to the west about a year ago and are adjusting to life in a new place. We are sure thankful for all that we have and hope to stay in better touch with friends and family alike with our blog!
1 comment:
Way to be patriotic mind. Now let's see some pics of your kids! :)
Post a Comment