I have to admit that this is one of my absolute favorite shows. I love that it is a show about personal triumph. Most of the time they all seem like such great people that got lost and are trying to get their lives back. Every once in awhile you get a contestant or two that you just hate. For example, last season, Vicki, was all about game play. It wasn't even clear whether she wanted to change her lifestyle. She also had some of the worst language from anyone, particularly a woman, that has been on t.v. However, this season is already breaking my heart. As I watched the largest contestants work out last night, I was so inspired. I mean, if they can do it and be positive for the most part, then what is stopping me? I was so inspired that as soon as the show was over I got up and did my own Biggest Loser video work out. They are the best work-outs by the way. I was very sad as I watched too though. At the end it came down to 2 of my favorite contestants and one of them was going to go home. Jerry, the grandpa, or Dan, the young kid who has always been obese. It was so sad watching them go particularly when another contestant did NOT work hard at all. Ugh. I was so happy when they showed that Jerry had gone home and kept working and had lost 84 lbs. I couldn't believe it. So, once again, I am hooked on this show and vowing that I will finish losing my weight during this season. At the finale, I will weigh my goal weight. There are no ifs, ands or butts! :) I will be the BIGGEST LOSER in my house! Ah, good old t.v. Whatever works! Anyone want to join me?
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
The Biggest Loser!
I have to admit that this is one of my absolute favorite shows. I love that it is a show about personal triumph. Most of the time they all seem like such great people that got lost and are trying to get their lives back. Every once in awhile you get a contestant or two that you just hate. For example, last season, Vicki, was all about game play. It wasn't even clear whether she wanted to change her lifestyle. She also had some of the worst language from anyone, particularly a woman, that has been on t.v. However, this season is already breaking my heart. As I watched the largest contestants work out last night, I was so inspired. I mean, if they can do it and be positive for the most part, then what is stopping me? I was so inspired that as soon as the show was over I got up and did my own Biggest Loser video work out. They are the best work-outs by the way. I was very sad as I watched too though. At the end it came down to 2 of my favorite contestants and one of them was going to go home. Jerry, the grandpa, or Dan, the young kid who has always been obese. It was so sad watching them go particularly when another contestant did NOT work hard at all. Ugh. I was so happy when they showed that Jerry had gone home and kept working and had lost 84 lbs. I couldn't believe it. So, once again, I am hooked on this show and vowing that I will finish losing my weight during this season. At the finale, I will weigh my goal weight. There are no ifs, ands or butts! :) I will be the BIGGEST LOSER in my house! Ah, good old t.v. Whatever works! Anyone want to join me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Why we joined this bloggy-blog world!
We hope that we can keep in better contact with our friends and family, both near and far. Besides, it is easier to see pictures this way instead of emailing them! And did we mention we think our family is pretty cute, especially those kids of ours! Check back often and keep in touch!
About Me
- Mindy Williams
- I am a proud 32 year old woman (you know they say 30 is the new 20!) I am married to Bart, the love of my life, and we have three amazing kids, Jacob, 6 1/2, Anna,3 1/2, and Rachel 9 mos. We met in college in Utah and lived there for the first 6 years of our marriage. Then we followed Bart's career and moved out to the East Coast. We decided to follow it back to the west about a year ago and are adjusting to life in a new place. We are sure thankful for all that we have and hope to stay in better touch with friends and family alike with our blog!
3 comments:
Omgoodness, I really, really despised Vicki last season, which was the first season I had really kept up with (probably due to my pregnancy night sickness keeping me on the couch for all of the primetime shows :). Oh, she bugged me. Bugged me! She had a big head and no neck. She still looked weird when she lost the weight. Am I cruel? Yes, but it's the truth. Anyway, I'm so glad that Michelle won. And didn't her mom look HOT at the finale?!?
Mindy, best of luck with your working out, you big loser! ;)
I have to admit, I like this show too. And I hated Vicki too! She was annoying! And I too want to lose about 10 pounds or so just so I can (possibly) get pregnant again without starting 10 pounds overweight. Wish me luck! It's now or never!
Give me say 8 or 9 months and I am there! You look great and all your work is definitely paying off. Keep up the good work and the good work-outs!
Post a Comment