I completely forgot to post such a big first for Rachel. She spent all of last summer AT the pool, but not IN the pool. Thank goodness we'll be able to enjoy the water this summer. I wanted to see if she was a natural fish like our other 2 (thanks to their Dad's skills, not mine) and it turns out that sure enough, she likes the water. Nana took all of us swimming at this great indoor pool over Christmas break. It had fountains, slides, and a lazy river. I was the only adult willing to get in with the kiddos, so I ended up with all 3 of my kids hanging on me as we went round and round the river. Man, was I tired! In Colorado they do an adult swim for the last 15 min of every hour. At first it drove me nuts, but now I like it as you can leave easier with the kids, feed them, reapply sunscreen and just check on everyone. It also means you can get in with the little ones and their parents for a couple minutes of fun without big kids splashing you. I used this opportunity to get in with Rachel and see how she liked the water. Oh what fun. We'll be even more swimsuit ready in a few months! It is a little loud, but you can watch Rachel go under and not even cry. Plus, you get to see cute Anna watching from the sidelines!

3 comments:
I love it, I love it! With swimming being Zoe's so-far #1 favorite activity, I love being reminded of how they are in the pool when they're little! So cute! We have GOT to find ourselves an indoor water park like that one. Sounds so good about now. And how beautiful is Anna getting?!?! Mindy, we miss you. Hugs. :)
I think I gasped out loud when you dunked her under the water like that! But she did just fine! Amazing! Maybe the reason my kids freak out about water in their faces is because I never did anything like that.
You guys are so lucky to have some lovely warm weather, and a nice indoor pool!
Rachel is so cute. And, you're looking pretty hot, too, Miss Mindy! Cute kids!
Post a Comment